Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my blog!

Mission:
This blog is dedicated to finding out the truth about God, and other stuff that is out of this world.

My background:
I grew up Catholic. I never doubted my faith in God until I got into college. I started to grow uncertain of my faith, especially when it (Christianity in general) was lumped together with the myths of other ancient mythologies (Greek, Norse, etc). And then what seemed to be the nail in the coffin for my faith was when one of my aunts (who lived with my family) passed away in 2017. I prayed that she would get better, but I thought God abandoned her. A couple of months after her funeral, my cousin and I were sent to the Black Catholic Congress in Florida for the summer of that year. Eventually, after I poured my aching heart out during a group discussion on the first day, I began to feel better.

The decision to make this blog started around the beginning of the summer of 2019. I'll never forget this moment either. I was at the YMCA gym in Bethesda. I was working out on an elliptical and watching the news on a screen attached to the machine. I read a headline that said that the three top religious groups in the U.S are Catholicism, Evangelicals (I think), and "Nones" (non-religious people). A scientists said that, "young people today are hungry for facts and logic, and in ten years (or so), non-religious people will be on the top." I'm paraphrasing, but it's close to what the scientist said. That made me decide to go on a journey to find facts that Jesus, and the people he encountered in the New Testament, were real. I'm going to share them with you on this blog.

This blog was created to investigate the deities of the world, and to see if there is a connection between them. Most importantly, are they real? I also hope that, in doing this, I can help others who were like me questioning their faith. Maybe they'll find something here that can help them.